Fighting For The Compensation You Deserve
  1. Home
  2.  ► 
  3. Car Accidents
  4.  ► Medical Bills And Lost Wages

How To Get Your Medical Bills Paid After A Car Accident In Florida

A serious car accident can upend your entire life very quickly. It is not always easy to understand what to do to make an effective claim – and you cannot rely on the insurance company to care about your actual needs.

Attorney Patrick Tighe used to work for the nation’s largest insurance company for years. At X1Law, P.A., he uses his knowledge of their practices to benefit clients injured in car accidents throughout West Palm Beach and the whole of South Florida. While insurance companies only see claim and dollar signs, he sees people in need of assistance.

What Happens After A Car Accident In A ‘No-Fault’ State?

In a no-fault state like Florida, car accident victims must first file claims with their personal injury protection (PIP) before they can proceed with a claim against the other driver.

A driver’s own PIP insurance will provide at least minimal coverage for their medical bills, lost wages and vehicle damage. Only when the victim suffers permanent damages or their PIP insurance is exhausted can the victim look toward the other party’s liability insurance for compensation. Since minimum PIP coverage is only $10,000, that happens frequently.

Why Should You Seek Immediate Medical Assistance After A Florida Car Accident?

A lot of people think that they can “walk it off” when they only have what seems like a few bumps and bruises after a wreck. Unfortunately, this can create significant problems if they discover that they’re injured days later. A prompt medical exam can help tie your injuries to the car accident and help your claim proceed more smoothly.

Frequently Asked Questions About Medical Bills And Lost Wages

Motor vehicle accidents can leave both physical and emotional scars on victims. On top of this, medical bills and lost wages can leave victims out of pocket. A personal injury claim can offer some financial relief. Here are some questions that we frequently hear:

How long do I have to recover medical expenses after a car accident in Palm Beach County?

Timing is of the essence in personal injury claims. The sooner you get started, the better. The statute of limitations in Florida states that, with rare exceptions, you have two years from the date of the injuries to file a claim.

If you miss these deadlines, then you will not be able to claim compensation. A Palm Beach County attorney can help ensure you meet all of the relevant deadlines.

What proof is required to recover medical expenses after a car accident in Palm Beach County?

The more medical evidence you have, the greater your chance of success in your injury claim. Doctors can testify as to the extent of your injuries and the expected recovery period. You can also provide surgery invoices, prescriptions, details of physiotherapy appointments and receipts of any other medical treatments you’ve received after the accident.

How can I establish my future medical care needs for compensation after a car accident?

In some cases, the road to recovery after a car accident is long. Often, a full recovery is not possible, and the victim may need medical assistance for the rest of their life. In such cases, you can ask for compensation for future medical care needs.

To quantify future medical costs, you’ll need statements from doctors, physiotherapists and other professionals.

What types of documentation are needed to prove lost wages and emotional difficulties in a car accident claim?

When claiming lost earnings, it’s important to provide pay stubs for the period before the accident. Ideally, these should go back at least a few months. In terms of proving emotional loss, you may need testimony from a mental health professional in Palm Beach County.

Talk To A Local Lawyer Who Cares About Your Future

Pat is heavily invested in the local community and he genuinely cares about his clients. He treats each case with the utmost of respect and gives it the attention it deserves. He won’t let the insurance company dismiss or devalue your claim unfairly.

To schedule your free consultation, call X1Law, P.A., at 561-363-3947 or complete the online contact form today.